LEONARD PADILLA — HERO IN A BLACK HAT
The name Leonard Padilla has been synonymous with bail since 1975. Leonard and his wife Rose began their business in a small office in downtown Sacramento, California, where they began serving the needs of the community by providing bail and honest advice to those in need. Over the years they shared their success with others, helping to start over 40 bail bond companies comprised of professional, compassionate and expert bail bonds men and women across California. There might be other bail agencies that share the name Padilla but not one of these agencies or its people have the charisma, integrity and strength of Leonard and his team.
Leonard has built a well deserved “larger than life” reputation through appearances in movies and television programs throughout the world. Leonard has testified in court as an expert on and advocate for the California bail bond industry. He’s also been instrumental in passing legislation in California to improve the bail and lessen its impact on tax payers. This legislation has been replicated and successfully applied in other states.
In 1982, Leonard Padilla opened the Lorenzo Patino School of Law with Judge Lorenzo Patino. The Lorenzo Patino Law School provides an affordable legal education for those wishing to practice law. Leonard is currently the Chairman of the Board of Trustees.
Leonard Padilla Bail Bonds
Leonard Padilla Bail Bonds has been built upon the principles that Leonard has instilled in all his employees and associates for over 35 years in the bail bonds industry. Here are a few of his tenets:
- Straight talk – Tell people the truth and don’t sugar coat it.
- Be a man for others – Always help your fellow man when possible.
- Never kick a man when he’s down – Even the competition.
- There is always another way to do something – Use your head and figure it out.
- Do not take No for an answer – Stay on it until you get a Yes.
- Never give-up – When you do you’ve given up everything.
- Never assume – Because that’s where things go wrong.
- Always be available – Because people need you.
- Stand up for what you believe in – Because no one else will.
- Be self reliant – Because that means freedom.
With increasing demands put on local law enforcement agencies, the bail bonds industry has grown. Our staff of compassionate and seasoned agents helps save millions of dollars for the California taxpayer.