Walnut Creek Bail Bonds
FOR 24 HR. BAIL BOND SERVICES CALL: (925) 231-8103
Bail, Bonds, & Getting Arrested in Walnut Creek
If you or someone you know has been arrested in the Walnut Creek area and charged with a crime, you will be asked to post bail so you can be free while awaiting the outcome of your case. In Walnut Creek, Contra Costa, and other parts of California, bail is often set too high. When that happens the best recourse is to hire a bail bond agent.
California bail bond agents can post the bail for you, in exchange for 10% of the bail – a non-refundable fee called ‘premium,’ the amount of which is mandated by California State Law. This may be lowered down to 8% if you are a member (or veteran) of the military, a union member, or if you retained an attorney.
How does Bail Work?
Bail is money or property from you temporarily kept by the court while your case is being tried and processed. Bail acts as a kind of insurance so you will attend all the needed court hearings before your case is decided on by the jury.
After the case is tried, you get the bail back. Should you fail to show up at court or flee, you forfeit the bail to the court.
The drawback to paying bail in cash is that, after the case is concluded, it will still take months before you get the bail back.
Another drawback is that, in California, bail can be set so high it goes up to the thousands and you and your family may not be able to pay up front. Even if you do hire a bail bond agent, even the premium might be too steep to be paid at one go.
It is therefore best to hire a bail bond agent in Walnut Creek that not only makes it easy to post bail for you, but also one who understands your situation and is willing to make allowance for you by scheduling a payment plan that’s suited to your situation.
What Do Leonard Padilla Bail Bond Agents Do?
Leonard Padilla Bail Bonds agents makes the bail out process relatively easy and stress-free for you. All you need are two things:
- A legal agreement signed between you, your co-signer and your bail bond agent (us), stating that you will attend all court hearings and obey all the bail’s conditions. The contract also states that if you (the defendant) fail to attend court hearings, your co-signer will be liable to pay the full bail.
- Pay the full premium or parts of it through a payment plan.
A co-signer, usually a defendant’s family member or loved one, should be able to assume responsibilities of the bail for you. Hence a co-signer must have a regular source of income or should be able to put up a collateral, if the bail is high.
Once we get all the signed paperwork and the payment (premium), we will submit the bail money or promissory note and paperwork at court. The defendant is released a short time after that.
What Happens if I Don’t Appear in Court?
If you miss a hearing, say, if you forgot your date with the court or have overslept, don’t worry. You can still call your bail bond agent and, together with your co-signer, they will report your lapse at court. Usually the court forgives such incidences and reschedules the hearing accordingly.
If you do this intentionally or if you flee, your co-signer is made liable to pay the full bail, adding to the stress and suffering your family may be enduring. It is likely that the bail bond agent may also hire a bounty hunter to track you down and bring you back to court – a service which your co-signer would also be made liable for.
How Soon can I Get Released After the Premium is Paid?
Just remember to tell us the name of the jail or detention center as soon as possible so we can advise you on the soonest possible time you can be released – we have serving defendants of Walnut Creek and other Contra Costa communities for more than 30 years so we are well versed with the local court procedures. For the fastest, most reliable, and friendly bail bonds service, call us now at (925) 231-8103.
Here are some of the jails and detention centers in Contra Costa for your guidance:
Adult Jails & Detention Facilities
- Antioch Jail – 300 “L” Street, Antioch, CA 94509 | TEL (925) 779-6907 | Inmate Search
- Richmond City Jail – 1701 Regatta Boulevard, Richmond, CA 94804 | TEL (510) 620-6680|Inmate Search
- Contra Costa Co., Marsh Creek Det. – 12000 Marsh Creek Road, Clayton, CA 94517 | TEL (925) 646-5700 | Inmate Search
- Contra Costa Co., Martinez Detention – 1000 Ward Street, Martinez, CA 94553 | TEL (925) 335-4600 | Inmate Search
- Contra Costa Co., West Detention – 5555 Giant Highway, Richmond, CA 94806 | TEL (510) 262-4200 | Inmate Search
- Chris Adams Girl Center – 100 Glacier Drive, Martinez, CA 94553 | TEL (925) 646-2024; FAX (925) 646-2028 | Inmate Search
- Contra Costa County Juvenile Hall – 202 Glacier Drive, Martinez, CA 94553-4898 | TEL (925) 957-2700; FAX (925) 957-2715 | Inmate Search
- Orin Allen Youth Rehabilitation Fac. – 4491 Bixler Road Byron, CA 94514 | TEL (925) 427-8660; FAX (925) 427-8663 | Inmate Search